Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sedona Highlights

Sedona was a blast...just ask Joseph! We hiked up this really large formation (think of a really big, rock pillar), scaring me half to death because the ground was hundreds of feet down. William insisted on being "funny" and having Joseph climb all by himself. The pictures ended up gorgeous but my heart had a hard time :)

We stayed at a nice condo that my parents had for the week as a time share. We went hiking and shopping, played games in the condo and in the game room. The pool was freezing! The hot tub was great...basically, we had a wonderful time.

The landscape was over the top beautiful. I took so many pictures I'm not going to know what to do with them all...isn't digital great! The second evening I was there we went up to the airport in Sedona to watch the sunset. The view was really nice except for the hundreds of people who had also shown up to watch. Some of them had some intricate cameras, too. Despite my small point and shoot, I feel like I did get some beautiful pictures.






Joseph and Josie, his cousin, peeked out of this window in some Indian ruins. I thought Joseph would end up climbing out of the window, he was so wound up! I mean, look at that cheesy grin in this photo with him and his dad...he had the time of his life playing with everyone.

The picture of me was actually taken by Joseph...nice, huh?










The ruins were interesting, despite the problems Joseph had sitting through the long lecture the Ranger had about all of the cave petroglyphs and the cistern.

5 comments:

  1. Vacations are always great because you get to be with family! The picture of Joseph climbing is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything I know about Sedona I learned from Jayne Ann Krentz books. So, did you wander into any paranormal vortexes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun the pictures are awesome. looks like you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs. Jolley, Was Joseph really falling From that rock? Did he really slip? Well G2G!


    Margaret

    ReplyDelete