Saturday, November 8, 2008

Auntie Tracey!

Molly had her baby on November 2nd. She was so precious! I felt so happy and joyous for her and her family. A brand new baby...so little and helpless. So dependent on you, as a parent. Wow! How exciting.

I cannot describe how different Sadie's birthday here in November was compared to Isabell's birthday in July. All I know is that, as happy as I was for Marci (mother of Isabell), I could not "get into" the joy of the day. I felt disconnected; distant. Looking back now, I may have even been experiencing a little bit of depression...who knows? But last Sunday, on Sadie's birthday, I could not seem to hold her enough or take too many pictures even though it wasn't even my own child.

September has come and gone...my baby is still very real to me but yet is now my past. I guess I have moved on, sadly, and can now connect with other babies and birthdays and mothers. Why does that make me cry a little?

Without going on any further, here are some pictures:

Uncle Will...or as Karina used to say, "trouble." (Which is to say uncontrollable tickling episodes, wild piggyback rides, kooky songs about ice cream, and other crazy things.)


Leaving the hospital along with hand-holding training...didn't last long for Joseph.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Tracey, congrats on the good food buys. that's great. I hope everyone is well and happy. Love, Grandma Jolley Have a great day. and give Joseph a big hug and kiss from grandma

    ReplyDelete