Friday, January 16, 2009

Funny Story

Yesterday, the funniest thing happened with Joseph.

He was sitting on the computer cord so that it was pulling where it was hooked to the laptop. So I "pushed" him off the cord (yes, it really was a push...I need to watch myself and teach manners by example. A "please move Joseph" is in order from now on.)

He fell over onto his shoulder and turned to me with a dirty look on his face. Out of his mouth came this really long sentence that I could not even attempt to remember. But I will paraphrase:

"Mommy, you pushed Joseph. You need a spanking!"

At this point in the conversation, still looking mad, Joseph slapped my knee and said again "spanking!"

I apologized and let him know I was sorry. I really will try harder next time not to just assume I can push him around. He really is growing up!

Again, I repeat, I love this age. He is sooo cute!

3 comments:

  1. I think you must be much healthier than me (psychologically I mean).

    Things like this have happened to me, and I stress for days thinking I am a bad mother and why can't they just take it from me and not rub my nose in the fact that I am obviously not effectively teaching them how I want them to behave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA. Sooo funny. I love this age too. It is so fun watching them learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny... If I smack Boyds hand enough he will keep trying to do what I don't want him to do but he will start hitting my hand back... BOYS...

    ReplyDelete