Saturday, January 17, 2009

What! Another Potty Post?!

Yep, it's another one :)

Today, Joseph sat on the potty and peed on command (that's a very short synopsis of the entire story...but truly, he did!) After his bath with his dad, I was about to put on his diaper when I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty. He ran back to the potty and peed. When I asked him if he needed to pee more, he peed more. When I said, "show daddy how you peed," he peed again.

Later that evening, he was in his high chair and said "potty, mama...poopoo." I could kind of already smell something but I asked him if he wanted to go to the potty. He took off running for the potty. I removed the dirty diaper right next to his potty and sat him down (he got poop all over the seat, but who cares when he's getting set for training, right?) There was no other "business" done, but I'm figuring that he won't care because he got a treat anyway for almost going in the potty.

I'm really excited in some ways and also really scared. Potty training is a big committment! That means I have to be consistent and careful. It means cleaning up messes and worrying about whether I should be putting him in training pants all the time. William suggested buying a small pack of pull-ups and putting him in them during the day when we are at home. If we go somewhere we can just use diapers. Plus, he'll need diapers at night for a while.

Wish me luck on my endeavor!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! How exciting!! And very impressive! Sounds like you have a natural on your hands. Good luck, not that you'll really need it by the sounds of things.

    ReplyDelete