Monday, January 19, 2009

TV...too much!

We are watching too much TV in my house. Joseph is such a great TV watcher, though! It's sad (but such a guilty relief for me!) He could sit and watch TV all morning (and has some days) if I'll let him. So I have been trying to do new things and keep both of us busy.

Joseph is now a great helper with the dishwasher. He will take all of the silverware out of the dishwasher and put it in the silverware drawer. He just throws it in there, but who cares? I simply put them all in their slots later. He'll put the measuring cups in there, too. He knows where the cutting boards go and he'll put all of the spatulas and wooden spoons away. Emptying the dishwasher has never gone so quickly :) I'm loving it!

We also have been reading more books and I've finally gotten back into my Usborne Books At Home.

The other day, though, we tried some edible playdough (edible since I wanted to make it myself and let Joseph eat some without worrying.) It was a mixture of peanut butter, powdered sugar, flour, and oats. A pretty tasty combination, if you ask me :)

It was great fun! Here's a video of us playing with the playdough. I set up the camera and then turned it on and sat back down with Josesph. The video was originally about 10 minutes long! It'll be great in a few years to show Joseph what he was like at 23 months. Don't worry, I didn't place a 10 minute video on my blog...it's only 4 minutes (not much better, I know, but the best I could do...there was so much cute stuff that I just had to keep in there!)

1 comment:

  1. That is the sweetest, cutiest, most adorable video ever! I love to hear his little voice and see those fun expressions! I feel the same way about TV with Abbie...I am going to try the dough for sure...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete